HOW TO TIE A BOW TIE
You’ll be happy to know there’s really only 1 way of doing it. Even though it may seem tricky at first, after a little bit of practice you’ll become a bow tie wiz.
Bow ties are part of a collection of neck-wear that descends from the cravat, which was brought into prominence in the 1700s. Originally worn in more formal settings the bow tie has come along way and more recently has seen resurgence in current fashion trends with both men and women as a statement piece.
If you are not yet on the bow tie train now is the time to hop on board!
So how do you tie a bow tie?
- Place it around your neck with the right side longer the left.
- Now place the longer piece over the top of the shorter piece
- Then loop the longer end under the shorter end and through the part at your neck. Pull tight (but not so tight your face goes red… that would be too tight, lol). Now leave the longer piece draped over the back of your shoulder
- Take the widest part of the short end and fold it up into the bow shape at your neck
- Hold the bow with your left hand. Use the right to bring the long end down over the front of the bow> Now it should be hanging straight down the centre of your chest. You’ve now created a loop behind the bow.
- Pinch the ends of the part that looks like a bow together around the long end. Then feed the think part of the long end through the opposite way you did with the short end through the loop at the back.
- Adjust till it looks Awesome.
This might be a little tricky to tie from my written direction alone so I recommend watching the video; it’s only about 1min long and will make all this make a lot more sense!
It’s awesome having you come by the blog and having a read and watch, I really appreciate it. For some style inspiration make sure you also check out my Instagram handle @knotjustforboys and for more videos check out my YouTube channel.
Thanks for stopping by!